Winter and Spring 2014 Workshops
|Winter and Spring 2014 Workshops|
|Summer Kodaly at UVIC|
Building a Successful Choral Program in the Elementary School
Clinician: Kelly Foster-Griffin
April 12, 2014 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
University of Victoria
A166 MacLaruin Building
What does it take to generate and sustain a flourishing, robust choir? In this workshop, teachers will explore the necessary components that make up successful and inspirational teaching:
- Appealing, high-quality materials that reflect the diversity in our classrooms
- Strategies and tools that develop part-singing and accurate intonation
- Vocalizes and exercises that will get your choir to sound their very best!
- Motivating your students to take musical risks
- Extracting musical elements from sample choral literature
- Teacher qualities that promote student achievement and enthusiasm
Invite your teaching colleagues and be ready for a day filled with fun, camaraderie and new teaching ideas!
Kelly Foster Griffin has a Master of Music in Music Education with Kodály emphasis, and has attended workshops in Hungary. Professionally, Kelly is a National Board Certified Teacher who has taught K-6 music in the Northshore School District since 1988. She has presented Kodály workshops and clinics for many regional musical organizations. Register here.
Things to Bring
*please bring your own coffee mug
*soup bowl or extra mug and spoon
Registration Fees for April workshop (lunch and snacks included)
$40 BCKSC Member
$80 Non-Member (includes membership*)
$15 Student member
$30 Non-member Student (includes membership*)
$20 Retired Member
$40 Retired Non-Member
$2.50 Advanced Parking permit (UVIC only)
*membership includes the BC Kodaly Society and Kodaly Society of Canada
Register online by clicking on the Workshop Registration Button